Andrew Stiggers is a short story writer.
Born in Paris, France, he has lived overseas since childhood including in Hong Kong, Cameroon and Singapore. He studied English Language and Literature at the University of Reading in the UK.
He lives with his wife, son and two daughters in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Winner of the 2017 Global Ebook Awards (Fiction - Short Stories/Essays category)
- Winner of the Trisha Ashley Award 2017 for best humorous story
- Finalist for the Tasmanian Writers' Prize 2015
- Honourable Mention for the Writer's Digest Writing Competition 2016
- Honourable Mention for the Aestas 2015 Short Story Competition
- Shortlisted for the NZSA / Hachette Australia Mentor Program 2017
- New Zealand Society of Authors Mentorship 2015 Recipient
- Shortlisted for the Waiheke Literary Festival Short Story Competition 2015
- Shortlisted for the Asia New Zealand Foundation Short Story 2014 Competition
- Shortlisted for the Atlantis Short Story 2014 Contest
- Longlisted for the Fish Short Story Prize 2016
- Longlisted for the Exeter Story Prize 2016
- Longlisted for the Margaret River Short Story Competition 2016
- Longlisted for the InkTears Short Story Competition 2015 and 2016